Saturday, May 11, 2013

"Stand and Be Not Moved"

Moroni 1:2-3

This week has been a glorious one. I have received so much spiritual enlightenment it makes my head spin a little bit. Elder Foster came and addressed us for Zone Conference and it was absolutely marvelous. The whole mission is really pushng now to get every single ward fired up and burning with the Spirit of God.

 There's a song called "Work" on the Cd "The Work: a national tribute to missionary work" and it is so good. It talks about how if we wanna get things done it's gonna take work. My favorite line is "Bringin' in the harvest for the Lord.." Uh! Life is good here in the field.

 Lately I've been studying the concept of being faithful and steadfast. (Hence the title.) I am so in love with this concept, of being so grounded in the Gospel that nothing can shake you. If you haven't watched the Strength of Youth 2013 video on mylds.org I encourage you to do so. Right now. Go watch.

Alma 56:47

 Life is hard here in the field, and so very different from everything I ever thought it would be. But it's so good.

Side story: this week we as a companionship had an adventure on the bus for the very first time. It was so funny. We took three investigators on the bus with us to Church and then walked another mile to get there, showing them how they could do it themselves. Well since we left our car at their house we had to take a bus back to get it just after the London ward meetings started and Gateways' had finished. SO I don't want to walk the mile back to where the bus stop is, and Sister Rush says "We'll wait for 15 minutes to see if the 90 comes, if not we walk." Well just then the 85 came around the corner and we look at each other and she says "Or we could just take that one and pray it stops near where we need to go." And that, my friends, is exactly what we did. :) Moral of the story: the bus is way fun.

 In the meantime, I hope all of you are doing well, and learning to "be not moved". I am definitely learning this lesson. There are days I look down at my badge and wonder "How did I get here?" And then Sister Rush`s voice comes to mind and I hear ``God sure must love you.``

 And you know what...

 He surely, surely does.

Doctrine and Covenants 87:8








With love from Can-Win

No comments:

Post a Comment