Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Onward and Upward!

This week has gone by crazy fast, and horrificly slow all at the same time. I'm now stationed in Winnipeg right now. My tripan is known as the Winnipeg East Sisters. That's right, there are three of us. Life is pretty crazy, We're opening a new area so there's a lot of work to be done before we really start looking for new people to teach. My wonderful companions and I are working hard, and praying harder. I do have a fun story this week. My tripan went to a Ward Correlation for the Gateway ward and Brother D (who was hosting) is Filipino. Apparently it's tradition to feed the new missionaries a dish known as Balute. (I'm pretty sure that's how you spell it.) Anyways, it is a not quite fully formed, fertilized, but very much dead duckling. And so you have to peel the egg, drink the juice, and then enjoy your lovely ducky on yoke. True story. So the Elders down it faster than you please, and Sister Harrison shortly follows, and I'm stuck looking at this bowl of eggs wondering just what I have gotten myself into. Sister Rush tries, but only gets it in her mouth before she spits it back out. I wasn't going to do it until Sister Harrison said "Oh, I knew you wouldn't." Challenge Accepted. So I ate the duck. Ok, actually I swallowed the duck. There will be a video shortly to follow. Anyways, long random post short: the book is blue, the church is true. :) I invite you all to (if you didn't watch General Conference) to read the wonderful and inspiring talks given this past weekend. With love from Can-Win

No comments:

Post a Comment