Thursday, April 18, 2013

"But if the Lord can make a blind man see, He can make a change in me.."

Greetings from the Great White North. It's a wee bit cold up here, in fact we just had another dousing of snow. In April. It's soooo fun. I've had some requests about a day in the life of Sister Hutchinson, so here goes: My companions and I wake up every morning at 6:30am. It hurts. But we do it. We say prayers and then work out for 30 minutes. After that it's juggling the shower, mirror, and changing room with three girls. Always fun. Personal study starts at 8 and then companionship study starts at 9. Sometimes it goes til 11, sometimes only 10. It depends on whether we have meetings or not. Lunch is somewhere around noon, and 1pm is when the appointments start. We're pretty much out of the house all day, with maybe a quick stop by for dinner. I pros. in the city so it's a lot of travel time and knocking on doors when appointments fall through. Then at about 8:30-9 we start to make our way back home. We do daily planning for a half hour, discussing daily goals, lesson plans, and study material. Then it's time to get ready for bed and lights out at 10:30! I love my bed. My bed is my best friend, and as soon as my head hits the pillow I am down for the count. My wonderful tri-pan and I get along great, and the only problems we have is that my trainer loves the work so much, she sometimes forgets to schedule meal times. :) It's hard though. Oh my days is it hard. I came out here expecting the work to be hard, and to have to really push myself to make it through. There are days it's hard, but not as hard as I thought. The hard is the personal refinement, the refiners fire pressing in from all sides so the Lord can reshape and remake you. It's something He has promised us, especially if we put ourselves in His hands. But it doesn't come easy, and you will definitely pay the tokens to do so. My biggest challenge right now is my dignified language and personal study. As a missionary you are supposed to choose words and language that identifies you as a missionary and a represntative of Christ. My mission takes this to the next level. There is no "cool" or "awesome" or anything that even resembles slang. It's frustrating, I won't lie. But I'm getting better at it. Personal study also hurts, it's just so early and I'm so tired. But that will happen. Some days I have really good study,and some days I don't. I spend a lot of time on my knees, moreso than I ever have in my life. I actually have bruises from kneeling on the kitchen floor before and after companionship study and planing. That is a true story. The work is good. The hard is great. There are days all I really want is a nap, but I push through. I miss you all, and wish I could give big hugs. But I can't. So this letter from Canada wil have to do. :) With love from Can-Win

No comments:

Post a Comment