Wednesday, August 13, 2014

"Could the maker of the stars hear the sound of my breaking heart?"

Oh hey,


Remember that time I actually WROTE a blog post?


...Yeah, me either.


This week has brought a lot of insanity. I'm getting ready to come home soon, and that is such a strange thought. But I've been reflecting on the things I've learned, the things that have stirred the sweet little spirit inside me.


The biggest one I would have to say has been prayer.


I struggle with prayer. Some days it's hard for me to believe that anyone even cares about my problems, my wants, my struggles, let alone will listen and respond to the whisperings of my heart. Some days I feel alone, like He's not there, and my prayers are left on His voicemail.


But that's not true!!!!


He listens!! He hears every single whiney, tear-filled, angry, joyful word that is sent through our connection. He hears everything! He responds, it's just sometimes I'm so caught up in myself and my fears and doubts that I miss His answer all together.  That's hard. For Him and I. But we work through it, and I carry on.


So this is a short post, but it's filled with every ounce of testimony I have on this subject.


We are children of God. We pray to the Father, and the Father hears and answers us.
Never the way we want.
Never in the timing we want.


But He does listen.


And that is a fact.


With love, from Can-Win

No comments:

Post a Comment