Monday, March 18, 2013

I can't think of a proper title, this will have to do.

"...Ye are eternally indebted to your Heavenly Father, to render to Him all that you have and are.." -Mosiah 2:34

My brother and I were set apart tonight. It was wonderful and very surreal at the same time. The one thing I really loved was how different our blessings were. My brother was blessed that he would be able to stoop and bend and reach out with the gospel. He was blessed with strength, health, and love for his companions. I was blessed to have a sensitive heart and a soul in tune with the spirit.

We leave tomorrow. I leave in a little over twelve hours. It's freakin' me out man! But I'm very excited. Last night we had dinner with one our favorite families, the Brimhalls. Sister Brimhall mentioned a scripture, and the particular order in which certain words were listed. Doctrine and Covenants section 4 focuses primarily on missionary work, and in that section is the verse she spoke of.

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind, and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day." (verse 2)

The order in which those four words are written is the order in which we should aim to serve. First with heart. We need to serve with our whole hearts, having love of God and all those we come in contact with. Second with might, with all our enthusiasm and joy. Third with knowledge. What we know comes third in the list, because it's not as important, but that doesn't mean we don't need to prepare ourselves to the best of our abilities. Fourth comes strength. Physical, mental, emotional, all of it.

I love it. It makes so much sense. I just felt like sharing.

I would write longer but I'm tired. It's after midnight now, and I have a plane to catch tomorrow.

Go. Fight. Win. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment