Tuesday, October 22, 2013

"Chasten my soul til I shall be in perfect harmony with Thee..."

Happy awkward October Thanksgiving!!!! (If any Canadians are reading this, don't be offended. It's just because I'm American.)
Well life is weird here. Thanksgiving is over and it's on to Halloween!!!! We're also on the tail end of a transfer. It's the 4th week here, which mean next week is transfer calls, and the week after transfers. Crazy, right?
So yesterday was the 12 year mark since my parents and I were baptized. It was very weird to think about how I went from a girl stepping into the water to a soldier in God's army. But it's really neat at the same time. :))
I love God, and Jesus. I am grateful for the things I have been blessed with in this life, especially the gospel. I'm grateful for a Heavenly Father who chastens me, tries me, tests me, and molds me so that I can be better. I am grateful for the trials I have, even though I wouldn't wish them on anyone else. I'm grateful for the way they refine me and push me to pick a side. In this life it's one or the other. Good or evil. Obedience or disobedience. Happiness or wickedness. God or the world.
You can't have both.
I'm grateful for Preach My Gospel. That book is inspired. It helps in so many aspect of my life, not just missionary work. Right now my favorite section is Christlike attributes. I'm studying Faith and Virtue. If you haven't flipped through that section and studied those attributes, I invite you to do so. It's amazing what the Lord witll reveal to you when you are partaking of things that bring His spirit, especially if you are looking for ways you can improve.
I am grateful for my familiy that supports and loves me. That includes the one I've made for myself here. I love you all. You're kind of the best.
I know that Jesus is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. I know God loves us because we are His children. I am grateful to be one of His missionaries.
Life is good.
Love you all! Be good! Be faithful! Stay steady. :))
With Love from Can-Win

No comments:

Post a Comment